Saturday, July 15, 2017

#3 Hank Thompson















#3 Hank Thompson
Progress: none, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $0.99 on eBay
Condition: Very Good
As I near completing the run of cards from #1-310, and flip through the pages of the binder of the pages they sit in, my feelings on "upgrades" has evolved a little.  Originally I had no intention of ever seeking an upgrade.  That's no longer the case.  There are few that stick out in the album that I intend to improve.  Not all for the same reason.  Some cards are in disproportionately horrible shape, but others are just ones I like, and would like a nicer copy of.

This Hank Thompson falls into that latter category.  My first copy isn't too bad looking (at least on the front), but it's a card I really like, and a player with a lot of history (often tragic) to his name.  So this is a card I'd been keeping an eye out for.  The fact that it fell into my lap at this price was really a pretty nice surprise.  And given that the likes of "Mike Garcia," and "Bob Lemon" are going for $40+ on eBay, it's nice to be reminded that these cards can be found for friendlier prices with a little bit of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment