Friday, December 4, 2015

#188 Clarence Podbielan




#188 Clarence Podbielan
Progress: None, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $5.50 on ebay
Condition: Near Mint

Unlike the Haugstad card in the last post, I knew full well I already had a copy of this card when I purchased it.  Oddly, I believe the two nicest (condition wise) 52's that I own are both Clarence Podbielan cards.  This card is miscut, but otherwise pristine.  I've never dabbled in the graded card side of the hobby, but I have to imagine this card would be given a pretty favorable mark.  I didn't buy it for that reason, but it didn't hurt.  I'm of the belief I can never have too many Yankees, Dodgers, or Giants from the '52 set, and I figure duplicates of those teams will come in handy down the road when I'm forced to find creative ways to obtain the more expensive cards in the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment