Friday, March 7, 2014

#42 Lou Kretlow



#42 Lou Kretlow
Progress: 1st of this card
118 of 407 29% complete
How acquired: $4.24 on ebay
Condition: poor

That corner just can't be ignored.  I was tempted to just finish the job and tear it off completely, but ultimately just jammed it into a plastic top loader as best I could.  I keep each of these 52's in a top loader that I then place into a team bag.  I know they make cases/sleeves/etc specifically for this size card, I'm just too cheap to pay for them.

Lou was a pretty good golfer after baseball, and set some sort of record for longest hole in one on a par 4.

Stats: 10 seasons, 27 wins, 785.1 innings pitched

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

1 comment:

  1. The White Sox 'C' cap just looks so foreign to me, no matter how many times I see it.

    ReplyDelete