Tuesday, June 20, 2017

#184 Bob Ramazzotti


#184 Bob Ramazzotti 
Progress: 1st of this card
257 of 407  63.1% Complete
How acquired: $5.99 on eBay
Condition: Very Good
Ramazzotti looks less than thrilled to be appearing on this underwhelming baseball card.  I'm no expert on the history of the Cubs uniforms, but I suspect the artist enlisted to color this photo is to blame for that hat.  I can't believe the Cubs ever wore that shade of navy.  I'd bet the colorer had recently completed a few Cleveland hats and was just working out of habit.  A review of the Cubs cards I have in hand shows that the Cubs either wore about five different hats, of varying "C's" and shade of blue, or the artist were just all over the place.  I'd bet on the latter.

Stats: 7 seasons, 196 hits, 4 HR, 53 RBI, .230 avg.

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment