Wednesday, May 24, 2017

#43 Ray Scarborough


#43 Ray Scarborough
Progress: 1st of this card
242 of 407  59.4% complete
How acquired: $5.50 on eBay
Condition: Fair
The parade of Red Sox cards continues with this Ray Scarborough.  This is one of my last first series (#1-80) needs.  There are a few cards in that series that just don't seem to pop up for sale very often, outside of the $50+ graded copies, this Scarborough is one of them.  The price is more than I would have liked to pay for a card with this much surface wear, but I just headed Mick Jagger's advice and ponied up the money.  The result I found, was that I got what I need.  

Stats: 10 seasons, All-Star, 80 wins, 85 losses, 4.13 ERA, World Series Ring with Yankees in '52.

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment