Thursday, April 6, 2017

#68 Cliff Chambers















#68 Cliff Chambers
Progress: 1st of this card
217 of 407  53.3% complete
How acquired: $6.58 on ebay
Condition: Good
As the card back makes mention of, Chambers was traded mid-season after throwing a no-hitter.  He was the first player to be traded in the midst of a season in which he had thrown a no-hitter, and it wouldn't happen again until 2010 (Edwin Jackson).  I over reached going over the five dollar mark for this Chambers, but I have sights set on knocking off the first series (1-80) of this set and am not in a position to be too picky anymore given how few I need (5).  Spahn, Snider, and Pafko loom large, but Spahn and Snider are both readily available for under $50, and Pafko can be found for about twice that.  I try to keep my card budget under $10 a week, so lately I've turned to eBay in an effort to fortify my card budget (sorry to anyone who was hoping for recent Topps inserts to be sent their way).

Stats: 6 seasons, 48 wins, 53 losses, 4.29 ERA, 37 CG

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment