Tuesday, November 24, 2015

#153 Bob Rush



#153 Bob Rush
Progress: 1st of this card
150 of 407  36.9% complete
How acquired: $6.00 on ebay
Condition: Excellent

The condition of these cards has never been a priority of mine during the course of this endeavor.  However, of late, chance and circumstance has landed a few very nice examples in my possession.  Paying $6 for a card really stings, and makes me resent this whole futile attempt to complete the set.  Yet I can't deny that these "nicer" cards really are pretty cool to hold in hand.  It's not that I've decided to actively seek nicer cards, it's just that over the last year or two, low end cards for under $2 have become all most non-existent on ebay.  This brought the whole effort to a near halt for awhile.  What I've resorted to, is becoming a much more active seller on ebay.  In the last three months I've sold probably close to a 2,000 cards as singles and larger lots, mostly mid-90's basketball cards, and recent Topps inserts.  What I would call "junk."  However, after postage, selling cards at even the meager price of a dollar a card as allowed me to build a considerable war chest.  Bob Rush is one of the fruits of that effort.

On June 11, 1950, Bob Rush and Warren Spahn became the first opposing pitcher's to steal a base against each other in a game.  The feat would not be repeated until 2004 when Greg Maddux and Jason Marquis did it again.

Stats: 13 seasons, 2x All-Star, 127 wins, 118 CG, 4 HR's as a batter.

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment