Monday, August 24, 2015

#195 Minnie Minoso




#195 Minnie Minoso
Progress: 1st of this card
139 of 407  34% complete
How acquired: $26.00 on eBay
Condition: Good
I believe this is the most I've paid for a card, certainly the most I've paid in the last few years.  But between watching the White Sox trot out the #9 throwbacks recently and having a little extra in my paypal account from some 2015 inserts I unloaded, I felt the need to splurge on a card I've wanted for some time.  I can't say I regret it, as it's really a great looking card in hand.  However, it is a little unsettling to see the steady rise in the price of vintage the last year or two, and the thought that this little endeavor isn't going to get any cheaper going forward.  But for now, I'm just very happy to add "Orestes" to my collection of 52's.


Stats: 17 seasons, 7x All-Star, 1,963 hits, 10x AL HBP leader, 3x AL SB leader, 3x AL triples leader, '57 AL doubles leader, '60 AL hits leader, '54 AL total bases leader, '54 AL WAR leader

Best Hall of Fame Showing: 1988 21.1 %, spent full 15 years on ballot.  

His #9 is retired by the Chicago White Sox

No comments:

Post a Comment