Friday, June 19, 2015

#101 Max Lanier



#101 Max Lanier
Progress: 1st of this card
136 of 407 *33.4% Complete!!!*
How acquired: $0.73 on ebay
Condition: Fair

With this Max Lanier I have officially crossed the 1/3 mark for completion of the set (and 43.8% of the non-Hi Numbers).  I'm at the point where I'm considering whether or not to continue blindly buying lots when the price is right, and instead focusing on "needs."  I only said "considering" though, and am not sure I will ever be at a point where I turn down '52 Topps when they're going for under a buck apiece like this Max Lanier, even if they're missing a small piece of the card.

Lanier was one of the players that jumped to the Mexican League in 1946 for the promise of more money, only to be barred from returning to MLB after finding the Mexican League to not be all it was promised.  He and a handful of other players ended up suing MLB in Federal Court in order to be reinstated.

Stats: 14 seasons, 2x All-Star, 108 wins, 1943 NL ERA Leader (1.90), 2 World Series Rings, 2-1 in WS

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment