Thursday, May 29, 2014

#151 Wally Post



#151 Wally Post
Progress: 1st of this card
124 of 407  30.5% complete
How acquired: $2.12 on ebay
Condition: Poor

This card appears to have a lot of history to it, and it wears it well.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't like vintage cards in great condition, they have an appeal as well, but I'm not lying when I say I love well worn cards too.  This Wally Post definitely falls in the later category.  Non-existent corners, heavy creasing, and a random green marker smear on his arm, all make for beat to hell, but more than acceptable addition to my set.

Wally had some monster seasons with the Reds.  In 1955 he hit .309 with 40 home runs, 109 RBIs, led the NL in games played, and yet only finished 12th in MVP voting.  He never made an All-Star team, but was inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame in 1965.

Stats: 15 seasons, 1,064 hits, 210 HR

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment