Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#154 Joe Muir



#154 Joe Muir
Progress: 1st of this card
120 of 407 29.5% complete
How acquired: $1.75 on ebay
Condition: Fair

I picked this up as part of a four card lot for seven dollars.  I guess the punch-hole scared off other bidders. All four of the cards in the lot have a similar missing circle in different places with varying degree's of subtlety.  Muir's circle is the most obvious of the bunch. I can live with it.  It's a surprisingly common flaw with vintage cards.  I see cards with these holes cut out on a pretty regular basis.  These four just happen to be my first.  I'm at a bit of a loss to explain the logic behind them.  Were they all in the same spot I could see how it may have been for storage of some sort, like maybe on a large key ring.  But they tend to be scattered on the cards.  I also doubt it was for display as you could find better places to hang a card then the center of a guys face.  I'm probably searching too hard.  Baseball cards were likely just  a convenient and acceptable target for kids with a hole punch and natural urge to use it.

Stats: 2 seasons, 52 IP, 2 wins, 5 losses

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment