Friday, August 30, 2013

#129 Johnny Mize




#129 Johnny Mize
Progress: none, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $3.00 on ebay
Condition: Poor

About six post ago, I wrote about how I had picked up two different 6 card lots on ebay from the same seller.  This is the  1st card from the 2nd lot, which ran me $18.  This lot had 3 doubles and 3 needs, a ratio I usually wouldn't go for, but 2 of the needs were Yankees and one of the doubles was this beautiful looking Mize.  I love cards like this.  A star player, a Yankee no less, on a vintage card, and just in all around deplorable shape.  I don't know what happened to this thing, and I'm not sure what that junk buildup on the right side of the front is, but it doesn't matter.  My best guess is this was glued/taped front side down in a binder, maybe next to another Mize right side up.  In any event, the next five post after this will all be from the same lot.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, a Hall of Famer with a 'career triple crown' (he led the league in HRs RBI and BA at one time or another).

    It's such a nice card that if you ever decide to spring for upgrades this would be a worthy candidate.

    ReplyDelete