Thursday, December 14, 2017

#267 Sid Gordon


#267 Sid Gordon
Progress: none, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $3.25 on eBay 
Condition: Very Good 

This is a really a great looking card.  A good number of the cards in this set look dark and muted, but a few, like this Gordon, just pop with bright colors.  Between the between the colors and the great Braves logo, this Gordon is one of the better looking cards in the set, even if it looks more like a card for a camp ground  fly fishing tour guide than a ball player.


This card is also a marked improvement over my first Sid Gordon.  I wasn't actively trying to upgrade my copy, but I'm not about to turn down nicer examples when they fall into my lap at price like this.


Stats: 13 seasons, 2x All-Star, 1,415 hits, 202 home runs, .283 avg. 

Inducted into the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment