Monday, April 16, 2018

#139 Ken Wood





#139 Ken Wood
Progress: none, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $4.69 on ebay
Condition: Fair

This was not an intentional acquisition.  I had a brief run awhile back where I was able to acquire a good number of these from a couple of sellers at reasonable rates.  $4.69 would be at the high end for a duplicate Ken Wood, at least on my budget, and not one I would target.  But for a 1st copy that crosses off a need, anything under $5 is typically my goal.  Due to my own stubborn habit of not updating my need list until a card is actually in hand, I failed to realize that I had picked up a Ken Wood less than a week earlier in another purchase, and it was in the mail.  I'm not losing any sleep over it, but this card actually cost about 50¢ more than my first one, and is in worse shape.  Oh well.

Stats: 6 seasons, 223 hits, 34 homer runs, .234 avg.


1 comment:

  1. Don't feel alone. I've done that more times than I care to remember.

    As for Ken...I would have guessed he was a pitcher based on that pose. The huge painted "B" on his cap is interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete