Monday, February 12, 2018















#72 Karl Olson
Progress: none, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $2.00 on eBay
Condition: Good

Representing an anomaly that is a first for me, this Karl Olson, bought four years after I picked up my first copy, cost the exact same amount.  I guess two bucks is just the going rate for this card.  Once again I got "lucky" and discovered this one is red back after picking up a black back the first time around.  I know there are probably some serious collector's who cringe when I say that I got "lucky," as the black backs are supposed to be more scarce.  Fine, that's fair enough.  But I think the red looks better, and I already had a black one.

By any objective measure this card is in better shape than my first copy.  I like the first copy better.  Not because it's worn out and I'm being difficult, I'm just one of those weird collector's who doesn't like off-centered cards, and especially slant cut cards like this one.  I don't need corners, I don't mind creases, an extra pen mark or two doesn't even bother me.  But off-centered cards bug me to death.  That said, this card still replaced the first one in the binder as I know to the ordinary person without my weird hang ups, this card looks nicer.

Stats: 6 seasons, 160 hits, 6 HR's, .235 avg.

No comments:

Post a Comment