Tuesday, January 30, 2018

#302 Max Surkont


#302 Max Surkont
Progress: 1st of this card
304 of 407  74.7% complete
How acquired: $9.52 on eBay
Condition: Very Good

This Max Surkont has "#300" number on the back, so apparently it should be considered as scarce as a hi-number.  I mean, 302 is practically 311, right?  Aside of course from the whole Mickey Mantle is an actual hi-number at 311, and Mickey being The Mick and Max being, well, Max, the Mantle is going to set you back ten thousand dollars or so.  But otherwise, I see nothing wrong with the inflated prices for cards #300-310 demand in this set.  I guess it is easier to pretend #302 is a high number than it is to pretend card #2 is.  I'm sure there's been more than one crummy seller who has listed these cards on eBay as a "hi-number" with a $50 Buy it Now price tag, and I bet more than one person has fallen prey.

All complaining aside, this card is actually in very nice shape.  I don't mind paying ten bucks or so for these cards when they arrive as nice as this one.  Would I prefer one in worse condition for a buck or two, absolutely, but if I'm going to over pay I prefer it be for cards in as nice of shape as this Surkont.

Stats: 9 seasons, 61 wins, 76 loses,  4.38 ERA, 58 CG

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A


1 comment:

  1. Max was my fatter in laws youth hockey coach in Pawtucket RI

    ReplyDelete