Thursday, December 7, 2017

#253 Johnny Berardino


#253 Johnny Berardino
Progress: 1st of this card
290 of 407  71.2% complete 
How acquired: $8.50 on eBay
Condition: Poor

When I started this effort to collect the '52 set, I figured every card I picked up would look like this, or worse.  Surprisingly, the well worn cards aren't nearly as common as I expected them to be, and the ones that do show up, often don't go for all that much of a significant of a discount.  

Berardino was a difficult card to find in my price range, and I eventually let my impatience get the best of me sprung for this one.  If there's any reason for the premium on this card, I doubt it's his respectable eleven year career.  Berardino compiled a better resume on IMBD with a number of cameos and small parts in a various films and tv shows.  He's best known as playing Dr. Steve Hardy on General Hospital for 33 years.  I'm not sure I buy that General Hospital fans are driving up the price of Berardino cards, but I'm not sure why else this card cost me $8.50 either.

Stats: 11 seasons, 755 hits, 36 home runs, .249 avg. 

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

 

No comments:

Post a Comment