Friday, July 21, 2017

#49 Johnny Sain


#49 Johnny Sain
Progress: None, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $3.00 on ebay
Condition: Fair

This Sain isn't an upgrade on my first copy, but I don't mind having it at this price.  I bought this and a good number of other duplicates (and a few needs) from a seller at prices I haven't seen for probably about eight years, or in the case of this Sain and a few others to come, prices I've never seen.  What I've learned, is that others are much better, or more careful, at looking at eBay pictures and making judgments on the conditions of cards.  This Sain, and all the other's I bought from the seller, have been heavily treated with rubbing alcohol.  Their odor is extremely strong, and you can see all the discoloration on the card.  I'm guessing that's what happened anyway, and also assuming it was done to remove paper and glue from the backs.  I could be wrong, but that's my working theory.  I'm not upset about it, and have no ill will towards the seller.  For one, he (or she) made no claims as to the condition of the cards other than that they were in terrible shape. And two, I'm more than happy with these cards in this shape at this price.  In fact, I'm pretty excited about these pick-ups.  

No comments:

Post a Comment