Saturday, April 22, 2017

#54 Leo Kiely















#54 Leo Kiely
Progress: None, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $3.99 on eBay
Condition: Very Good

I picked up my first '52 back in 2008.  I started this blog in November of 2012 with a decent number in hand, and spaced my posts a couple of days apart.  At some point I ran out of cards to post, and only posted when I picked up new cards, and would space those out as well.  You may have noticed this blog would go dark sometimes for maybe a month at a time.  That's a by product of not having any new cards to post.

Right now, that is not the situation.  I have a lot of cards to get up, something that hasn't been the case since the days when I first started the blog.  It's a direct result of not buying packs of new cards.  I went with a factory set of 2016 Topps instead of doing it by pack, and only bought a couple packs of 2017 and have been more actively trading.  I've also opted to completely avoid Archives, Heritage, and O-Pee-Chee Hockey, my other typical pack buys.  Of course, rather than do something practical like put this extra $10-20 a week in savings or give to an animal shelter, I've been buying '52 Topps.

This Kiely, is a first for me.  In that I bought it believing it was a "need."  It wasn't.  I was just so far behind in getting up my new acquisitions, that my need list wasn't up to date.  That problem has been corrected.  The "Need List" page is now always up to date (So it contains "spoilers" of whats to come).

I used to have a "Trade Bait" page on this blog.  It's gone, but the concept is still the same.  Any duplicate you may want to trade for let me know.  I don't need 52's in return.  I have many Topps base set needs from '52 on through 2017.

1 comment:

  1. Having blogged his '58, '59 and '60 cards it's like meeting an old friend here. This is a far better card than any of those though.

    ReplyDelete