Wednesday, March 29, 2017

#31 Gus Zernial


#31 Gus Zernial
Progress: None, 2nd of this card.
How acquired: $0.99 on eBay
Condition: Good
I love this card.  Decades before I ever even considered going after this set, this was one of the few I was familiar with from pictures in magazines and such.  I mentioned when I posted about my first copy of this card, that I would probably want to upgrade it, just because I like the card so much.  I'm not sure this card qualifies as an upgrade, what do you think?

(1st copy)

It's close.  I think I prefer the first despite the massive crease, but it's close.  In any event, I may still upgrade this card in the future, but for some reason, two mediocre copies seems like enough.  However, I'll keep grabbing as many copies as people want to make available when they can be had for less than the price of a pack of current cards.

2 comments:

  1. I like the second pick-up better. The cross-card crease is way too distracting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nightowl In hand, the cross-crease card is in really nice shape (but for that one obvious and extreme flaw), this one has what I would describe as "softer" card stock, as some of these well used older cards tend to sometimes become a bit flimsy.

      Delete