Friday, July 15, 2016

#182 Billy Hitchcock
















#182 Billy Hitchcock
Progress: 1st of this card
185 of 407  45.4% complete
How acquired:  $4.00 on ebay
Condition: Fair
This card is obviously extremely well broken in, and like a good glove, better for it.  Hitchcock extended his "cup of coffee" in the bigs into a nine year stay, something that would make him the envy of many of my late 90's grunge era high school classmates.  They were rarely able to extend a cup of coffee into more than a few hours before being told to leave.  Hitchcock also managed for three teams over five seasons after his playing days were over.

Stats: 9 seasons, 547 hits, 5 home runs, .243 avg.

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

1 comment:

  1. I like this card a lot. I remember Hitchcock from his days as the Orioles manager in the early 60s. My uncle, who I thought knew everything about baseball, particularly Orioles baseball, didn't think much of him. So for just that reason I didn't think much of him either.

    ReplyDelete