Monday, February 8, 2016

#26 Monty Irvin



#26 Monty Irvin
Progress: 1st of this card
158 of 407 38.8% complete
How acquired: $15.00 on ebay
Condition: Excellent

This card off-centered.   That's as close to a disparaging comment as I'm going to make about it.  This card immediately became one my favorites in my entire collection the second it fell out of the envelope it arrived in.  Just give the back of the card a read.  It really feels like your holding a piece of history in your hand.  Topps went with the "Monty" spelling of "Monte" for Monford Merrill Irvin on this '52, so I'm going with the "Monty" spelling too.  Monty is the 6th Hall of Famer in the '52 set that I've come across. 

Stats: (MLB)  8 seasons, All-Star, 731 hits, .293 avg., .394 avg in 10 World Series games. 

1973 Inductee to the Baseball Hall of Fame

1 comment: