Thursday, February 25, 2016

#130 Sheldon Jones



#130 Sheldon Jones
Progress: 1st of this card
159 of 407   39% complete
How acquired: $2.99 on ebay
Condition: Good

Extreme off-centering, like that of this card, is perhaps my biggest annoyance when it comes to the condition of cards.  I know it's all subjective, and my own taste admittedly fall out side the norm, but I'd rather have a completely crumpled and creased centered card, than an otherwise excellent card that is horribly off-center.  Adding to my own weird preferences (and hypocrisy) is that I love cards that are so off-centered they include parts of adjacent cards from the printing sheet.  Make sense of that. This Jones card obviously has other issues beyond it's centering, but it's centering is what's pushing the limits of what I can live with.

Stats: 8 seasons, 54 wins, 3.96 ERA

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way when it comes to centering, but more specially with miscuts or diamondcutting. This one isn't really too bad since it's still better than 100/0 and only slightly diamondcut.

    ReplyDelete