Monday, October 20, 2014

#45 Eddie Joost



#45 Eddie Joost
Progess: 1st of this card
129 of 407  31.7% complete
How acquired: $2.12 on ebay
Condition: Poor

I've been trying to spread these cards out, but the calender has been turning over me very quickly of late, and before I knew it, it had been two months since my last post.  Oops.  This card isn't one of my favorites, nothing against Eddie Joost who was a very good player and has a cool name, it's just a boring looking card.

Joost's career goes all the way back to 1936, which is probably one of the earlier ones among the players in the '52 set.  It's too bad Topps didn't list the full career stats on the back.  As a kid, I always thought it was cool when a guy in the 1980's had stats that went back to the 60's.  It'd be cool to see one stretch back to the 30's.

Stats: 17 seasons, 2x All-Star, 1,339 hits

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment