Tuesday, May 6, 2014

#53 Chris Van Cuyk



#53 Chris Van Cuyk
Progress: None, 3rd of this card
How acquired: $3.50 on ebay
Condition: Good


Chris Van Cuyk may be the happiest guy to ever appear on a baseball card.  This is the 4th time I have come into possession of a copy of this card.  I traded one before even having a chance to post it.  Cards numbered 1-80 are supposed to be somewhat scarce, but this guy seems to pop up all the time.

I've finally reached a point where I'm beginning to be somewhat selective about which cards I bid on.  Up until now it has just been a blind scatter shot approach, if the price was right, I was bidding.  I've noticed that the alleged Dodger/Yankee premium placed on these cards is not nearly as pronounced for Dodgers as it is Yankees.  The Dodgers still tend to go for more than other commons in the same series, but not nearly to the same degree as Yankees.  Even with my more selective targeting I'm still not at all worried about amassing multiple Dodgers or Yankees.  That rule isn't going to apply.  If nothing else, when (if) I finally find someone to trade these with, I figure they will come in handy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment