Tuesday, April 29, 2014

#100 Del Rice



#100 Del Rice
Progress: 1st of this card
122 of 407  30% complete
How acquired: $1.75 on ebay
Condition: Fair

At first glance I thought this was the lone card in the 4 card lot it came with that didn't have a hole punched through it.  But it's there, just below the Cardinals logo in the signature box.  This card has some other issues too, but all in all there's really not much to complain about.  The blue hat looks very nice against the red background.

Stats: 17 seasons, All-Star, 908 hits, 8x ranked in top 5 of fielding % by catchers, 2 WS Rings ('46 St. Louis Cardinals, '57 Milwaukee Braves)

Best Hall of Fame Showing: 0.7 % 1966 

3 comments:

  1. Del Rice the manager will be my next card. I'll put it up tonight.
    http://1972toppscountdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...just purchased a '52T D.Rice of my own;...will have it up shortly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @REJ, check my doubles under "trade bait." It'd be awesome to find someone to trade 52's with that shares my sentiment that condition is more or less irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete