Friday, March 16, 2018

#268 Bob Lemon


#268 Bob Lemon
Progress: 1st of this card
307 of 407 75.4% complete
How acquired: $9.49 on eBay
Condition: Fair

I wasn't familiar with Bob Lemon, but that's just because I'm not very bright.  Lemon is a Hall of Famer.  He had a brilliant 13 year career with Cleveland.  During his prime Lemon made seven straight All-Star teams, won 20 or more games six times, led the AL in wins three times, and finished in the top 10 of MVP voting six times.  He helped the Indians win 2 AL Pennants, and went 2-0 as a starter posting a 1.65 ERA in Cleveland's 1948 World Series victory over the Braves.  Solid at the plate, Lemon hit 37 career home runs and finished with 147 career RBI's.

Initially, I was very annoyed that this card cost so much.   However, after doing my research, and feeling like a fool, I am no longer upset that this card set me back almost $10.  Having reconsidered Lemon's status, it feels like a bargain.  

Stats: 13 seasons, 7x All-Star, 207 wins, 128 loses, 3.23 ERA

Inducted into The Baseball Hall of Fame in 1976



 

No comments:

Post a Comment