Saturday, January 20, 2018

#25 Johnny Groth



#25 Johnny Groth
Progress: None, 2nd of this card
How acquired: $3.30 on eBay
Conditon: Good

This Groth is a huge improvement over my first copy.  I wasn't looking to upgrade, but when I'm bidding on a card and the seller combines shipping, I'll take any and everything under a certain price.  And I apologize in advance for what I'm about to say, but as my binder fills out to near completion, I've realized that maybe some of the more horrible worn and wrinkled cards bug me a little bit.  So it's kind of nice to replace one like this.  Also, I suspect I'm in the minority, but I prefer that my first series cards be red backs like this, despite the black being considered slightly rarer.  In any event, now I have Groth in both.

Groth for his part, was a very solid player enjoyed a 15 year career and collected over a 1,000 hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment