Tuesday, June 27, 2017

#221 Granny Hamner


#221 Granny Hamner
Progress: 1st of this card
261 of 407  64.1% complete
How acquired: $4.39 on eBay
Condition: Fair
Granny was one of the Philadelphia "Whiz Kids," that helped lead the Phillies to the 1950 NL Pennant.  Between the catchy name, and the decade he spent as the everyday shortstop for a much beloved Phillies team, I was a little surprised to finally pick this card up for the price that I did.

Granted, this card has it's share of issues.  The centering is almost beyond what I would deem acceptable.  I need at least a trace of white on each side.  I'd rather a card that's been ripped in two and taped together, than one so off-centered that there's no longer any white on one side (I'm weird like that).  This card still has a sliver of white.  Beyond the centering, it's creased, and has a good amount of surface wear.  All that said, it'll more than suffice.

Stats: 17 seasons, 3x All-Star, 1,529 hits, 104 HR, 708 RBI, .262 avg., pitched in 3 different seasons, 13.1 IP, 5.40 ERA

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment