Wednesday, June 21, 2017

#190 Don Johnson


#190 Don Johnson
Progress: 1st of this card
258 of 407   63.4% complete
How acquired: $3.50 on eBay
Conditon: Good
The paper loss on the front lower left corner is not insignificant.  In hand, it looks a lot worse than it does in this scan.  It's not just a peeling of the top layer, it's a chunk of cardboard that's missing.  I won't be losing any sleep over it, as this card just doesn't excite me very much, for a number of reasons.

Don Johnson is guy I'd never heard of, and while he had a very respectable career, I don't feel remiss for having never heard of him.  So the "name appeal" to this card is nominal.  It's also a very bland picture on the front.  Even the background color is boring.  My final "complaint," about this card is that it's another of the "white" backs.  I'm not sure this card would be all that much better with the normal gray back, but it certainly wouldn't be any worse.

Stats: 9 seasons, 27 wins, 38 losses, 4.78 ERA, 17 CG

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment