Thursday, November 26, 2015

#156 Frank Hiller



#156 Frank Hiller
Progress: 1st of this card
151 of 407  37.1% complete
How acquired: $6.00 on ebay
Condition: Excellent

This card is extremely miscut, but otherwise in great shape.  I can see a glimmer of white along the right edge, so I can with live it.  It's a matter of personal taste, and very subjective, but miscut cards irritate me more than other blemishes most collector's would probably consider much more severe.  However, I also have a habit of saving cards that are extremely miscut to the point of showing parts of other cards.  1971 Topps cards with the team name at the bottom are some of my favorites. I have Reggie Jackson like that, that is one of my most prized cards.  Try to reconcile those mixed views on miscuts, I certainly can't.

Stats: 7 seasons, 30 wins, 60 career starts, 4.42 ERA

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment