Thursday, September 17, 2015

#80 Herman Wehmeier



#80 Herman Wehmeier
Progress: 1st of this card
142 of 407  34.9% complete
(and 50% of the 1st series 1-80!!!)
How acuired: $5.55 on ebay
Condition: Fair

I probably over paid for this card, but I won't lose any sleep over it.  For whatever reason, I'm drawn to the 52's with the solid multi-colored backgrounds, and I swear this is the first example of this card I've ever seen.  I'm sure that's not the case, but I honestly don't recall having seen this card before.

Herman led the NL in walks three times in a four year span from 1949 to 1952, as well hits batsmen twice in that span.  Coupled with his having led the league in earned runs in 1945, you may draw a conclusion about his pitching.  That being, he pitched a lot.  And anyone that logs that kind of time on the field (or mound) in Major League Baseball is pretty good my book.

Stats: 13 seasons, 92 wins, 79 complete games, 4.80 ERA, 124 career hits as a batter

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment