Friday, June 13, 2014

#138 Bill MacDonald



#138 Bill MacDonald
Progress: 1st of this card
125 of 407  30.1% complete
How acquired: $2.12 on ebay
Condition: Fair

This card is well crumpled and creased, but I'm still calling it "fair."  Relative to some of the other cards I have in this set, I'm closer to calling it "good," than I am to calling it "poor."  I have a very high (or I guess low) standard when comes to calling a card "poor."  I don't know where Sy Berger found Bill, but he's one of the many borderline players included in the 1952 set out of a necessity for numbers.  Bill didn't play in '51 or '52, and his major league career only consisted of 32 games.  But Sy must of managed to ink him to a Topps contract for "steak money" at some point along the way.  Or they just figured he wasn't in a position to complain and Bowman wasn't going to care.

Stats: 2 seasons, 8 wins, 153 IP, 6 CG, 2 Shutouts

Best Hall of Fame Showing: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment