Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." -Indiana Jones
















Marion: Your not the man I knew ten years ago.
Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
-Raiders of the Lost Ark

I didn't win this card.  I didn't even bid on it.  It was already beyond my budget when I stumbled upon it.  I'm not looking forward to trying to track down the high numbers in this set.  $30-$50 for a beat up Hall of Famer is one thing. $30-$50 for a defaced Dick Gernert is quite another.

I still have a good amount of the set to worry about before the last 100 or so cards become "needs," but I'm not looking forward to it.  It's going to require a lot of discipline to cut my normal spending habits to zero, and only pull the trigger on one card like this every 4-6 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment